September 14, 2015

on top of a mountain

boy... that was a long hiatus. I could blame it on a few things: like starting a business with my husband and blogging for Primal Grub Co. Or just being lazy. I think that's the one.

I truly miss blogging. Sometimes I don't blog because I feel like I no one reads it. The reality is, I think blogging is therapeutic for me. I'm not going to even pretend to catch you up on the last few months. Instead, I'll fill in the blanks as needed.

For Labor Day my husband and I drove to the top of Mt. Evans. The first 14,000 foot mountain I've been on. Thankfully, this time we didn't hike it. I know that won't last long. It'll be done within the next 12 months because it's on our bucket list.

I was reminded of how much to be thankful for. I live in an incredibly beautiful state. I get to explore it with my best friend. And, I have family who support us in living away from "home".

I could go back to that day for sure. But, writing this post is a good reminder to continually be thankful regardless if it's a day off or not.

CO Chief Mountain, near Mt. Evans

Mt. Evans in the distance

No comments:

Post a Comment