November 27, 2014

Day 6: Marriage

Thanks for following along with me as I gave thanks these past five days. I hope my thoughts spurred on your own. I hope you were able to give thanks for something each day.

On this Thanksgiving I am giving thanks for marriage.

The other day my husband asked if marriage was all I ever thought it would be. It is and more. I am thankful for marriage because it pushes me to be a better person. It reminds me to be self-less. It requires work, time, and patience. But the reward is greater than the work and time put in.

Maybe I am still in the euphoria stage of marriage, but I haven't been this happy in a very long time. When my man and I were dating I would be sad when the weekend was over. The weekend was when we spent the most time together. This past Sunday I remembered that feeling of wishing the weekend would stay. I just smiled because that weekend feeling carries on for seven days. It doesn't stop.

I am giving thanks today because marriage makes me want to be closer to the Lord. I want to love the Lord more so I know how to love my husband more. I want to experience the Lord's grace so I can give grace to my husband. I am thankful for marriage because I continually have someone who will do devotions and talk about sermons with. Seeing your husband worshiping the Lord is a truly special  experience. I hope that someday my kids look over to their dad and feel encouraged by his faith like I do.


I am giving thanks for marriage today because I always have a partner in crime. Things are a little easier when you have someone else to do it with. For example, working out early in the morning, eating healthy (or eating to much pear crisp), and going through long days. They are right there next to you encouraging you without even knowing it.


I have been incredibly blessed these past four months from my husband. I am so thankful the Lord brought my husband and I together. I give thanks for my husband today.

I am also giving thanks for these beautiful photos of our wedding day!



No comments:

Post a Comment