November 25, 2014

Day 4: Newlywed budget

Today I am giving thanks for a budget.

Wow! I have learned so much in the past four months just based on having a newlywed budget. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't my first budget ever but it is my first strict budget shared with another person.  I have learned more about myself then I thought I would. I've written on it before but the grocery budget is hardest part. Tackling the first month on the budget was challenging. Thankfully each month has gotten just a little easier! I have the confidence that I can do it. I convinced myself there was no way I had the capability to stick to our allotted amount. But I did! For four months now!

I also give thanks for a budget because it teaches delayed gratification. My husband and I make jokes about it, but honestly it's true. When I have a sweet tooth and we already used our restaurant budget. Or when I want new shoes and we've already used the clothing budget for the month. These are things that I don't really need right away and don't get right away thanks to the budget. Then the next month rolls around and that ice cream tastes so much sweeter because we waited to spend the money.

I am thankful for the budget because it makes me treasure the treats and extra's even more than before. I am thankful for the budget because it stretches me in ways I didn't think it would.

No comments:

Post a Comment