October 31, 2014

Nightly routine.

If you didn't know by now, I love routine. My morning routine is down to the minute. It takes me an less than an hour to shower, make and eat breakfast, and get dressed. I know it would be harder for me to stay on track if I didn't have it all planned out.

My husband and mine nightly routine isn't so planned out but we have some similarity each night. I get home about 6pm. Either dinner is in the crockpot or oven (sometimes the hubby will make dinner for us!) and we eat right away. Othertimes I starting making dinner and we eat about 6:30 or 7 followed by devotions. After conversation at the dinner table, my husband does the dishes while I make his lunch. After the kitchen is cleaned up and depending on the weather we go for a walk to the mail box. Showers and an episode of something follow our walk. We just finished all the seasons of Mad Men that are on Netflix. So we are open to suggestions of what to watch next. We feel a little lost now that we don't have Don Draper in our life. 

 After our show we go to bed. Which is around 9pm. Yup, we live large and go to bed early. We both get up pretty early so sleep is a huge priority for us. Every once and a while I can get my man to chat with me for a little bit. But most often he falls asleep within five minutes of hitting the pillow. 

Of course we have a few variations. Like ironing work clothes, going to the bank, or on really special nights getting something to satisfy my sweet tooth. 

For the past few weeks we've been going to a couples Bible study. Every Thursday we meet up with 6 couples from our church. It's a great time of food, fellowship, and working our way through Francis Chan videos. 

I always look forward to evenings. Eating dinner with my husband and going over our days is one of my favorite activities. I especially enjoy this routine because there is so much flexibility within it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment