October 23, 2014

Being blessed.

The Lord never fails to surprise me. This past week my husband had his end of the year tennis banquet. He had Chipotle catered for dinner. It was a joy to see him in front of his team and the parents. Proud wife status right here. Besides being full of pride my car was loaded with Chipotle leftovers. We are talking pounds of food! After giving away a box of rice, beans, tortillas, chips and salsa to a couple in our small group we still had leftovers. Remember my post about meal planning? and our budget? This loot was such a blessing because we don't have to buy meat for two meals. Taco night turned into leftover night. And we are able to share with our small group tonight. We are blessed.

It was a reminder to me that I do not have to worry. The Lord will provide for us. He has demonstrated that to me every month since we've been here. Through gift cards, a random lady buying our shake at a drive through, and dinners with family we've been blessed. And I have physical examples of it that I can look to when I need to be reminded. Sometimes we all need a reminder right?

No comments:

Post a Comment