September 4, 2014

Day 4: Friends

It took me a very long time to discover the real meaning of friends. I'm not one of those girls who has had a friend since childhood (other than cousins). My mom and I would pray every school year for new kids in my class. We prayed for a special girl who would become my best friend. It didn't really happen. I went through high school doing my best to make good friends but didn't stay in touch with most of them. Don't worry! There is good news! 

I found what friendship meant in college. While it took a while, due to my own insecurities but I found some pretty awesome women of God. They encouraged me to come out of my shell and enjoy life to the fullest. Boy, do I miss those friends right now. Now, here, in a new place I am more than ready to make friends. To find those people who I can laugh with, cry with, grow with, and have double dates with. I hold onto the hope that it won't take another ten years to find quality friends, but if that's the case I know that person will be worth it. 

#throwbackthursday

No comments:

Post a Comment