May 11, 2014

Proverbs 31 Woman

Living far away from my mother has been one of the biggest challenges of my life.

If you don't know my mom you're missing out. While she may not be the biggest talker in the conversation, her presence will fill the room her words don't. It always amazes me how much devotion this women gives to her husband, children, and friends. But God is always first. Her walk with the Lord is obviously important to her and is never afraid to talk about it. By definition, she is a Proverbs 31 women.

When I moved away for college, I realized how much my mom meant to me. She was and has always been a phone call away, ready to hear me vent about life difficulties or rejoice with me when I came out on top. I did not think it would be so hard for me to live away from my mom. I often find myself doing things she does. It makes me happy, knowing that I have some of her in me (because I have A LOT of my dad in me!). It makes me happy that the traits I admire in her show up in myself. The past 4 years of living away from my ma taught me how much I love her, need her, and continually want to make her proud.

Happy Mother's Day Mom.
I'm sorry I cannot be in Arizona to celebrate with you.


Thanks for always wanting to satisfy that sweet tooth with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment