April 18, 2014

Day Trip.

I've always been a fan of day trips. My love for them grew when I somehow scored an awesome teammate to do them with me. 

My man and I had the day off work and school for Good Friday. So, we took a day trip to St. Josephs, MI. 

St. Joseph, about 1 1/2 hours north of Palos Heights, is a complete summer town. The downtown has the typical 'cuteness' that I love to discover. Boutiques, antique stores, and restaurants line the streets. Lake Michigan (not to be confused with the ocean!) is just steps away from the downtown. Nicholas Sparks could probably write some love story about the towns like St. Joseph, New Buffalo, and Michigan City. They just make life seem way easier. 

Aaron and I walked in-and-out of the stores all day. We enjoyed a great brunch to start the adventure, walked through antique stores, home and garden gadget stores, and drove around looking at the beach houses. After exploring St. Joseph and Benton Harbor we made our way back to New Buffalo. (Side note, this was the first town we went to on our first day trip together last year. We went on a pretty cold, wet, and windy day, but regardless we created some awesome memories, including geocaching).  I will probably get busted for this, but while walking around New Buffalo Aaron let me go into a boutique and try on dresses! Talk about being spoiled. I probably could have spent more time in the store, but contained myself and walked out with 1 dress.

To stay in line of our tradition we hit up Michigan City for some ice cream. But, first walked around a large Antique Mall. We made our first purchase of our future home. A white Milkglass mixing bowl. I cannot wait to serve up some side dishes in it. 

We finished the night at the Good Friday service at our home church. What a beautiful service and a reminder of what Jesus did for us. 

 I cannot be more thankful for the time spent with Aaron. It is always refreshing to have days to leave the daily routine, go to a new place, and discover new things. I love the time long car rides create for conversations. These conversations go a little deeper and a little longer then the normal kind. These conversations reconnect. 


 Something old. Something new. Found these great souvenirs today. 



No comments:

Post a Comment