January 10, 2014

My first week as a "real adult" is under my belt. And to be honest, it doesn't seem any different. Is that good? Is that bad? I'm not really sure, but I've had my fair share of adventures this week. All character building adventures though, so I can't complain. 

I started at Turning Point USA as their Columnst Manager and Admin. Pretty much I am making a system that allows for us to reach our goal of having 1,000 columnist submitting to our website. I post their articles, accept new columnist, and fix problems current writers have with Wordpress. I am also doing random office work as well. I have a feeling I'll be friends with the post office folks.

I am thankful I have a job to go to everyday. I like the small Lemont town I work. And while we don't have a working bathroom, the office has a lot of potential to be a "cute" office. 

Can't say I ever dreamt about working with a non-profit political organization, but this job requires me to work from my computer. That means it allows me to work anywhere with Wifi. So, I'd say it's pretty ideal, considering I have a wedding to plan in Arizona. 

And just incase you heard and didn't believe the news. Yes, it really was negative a thousand degrees in IL. this week. But don't worry, my man gave me a wonderfully warm pull over to keep me toasty.  Thankfully because my heater doesn't work so hot (see what I did there?). 

Happy Friday everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment