April 11, 2013

Sweet words from a wise man

I was lucky enough to talk to my dad twice yesterday. My dad is a very wordy person trying to fit in metaphors where they probably don't belong. And he is always trying to get in a good joke. He will surprise me with a good one every once and a while. Sometimes I have to think real hard about his metaphors. After a few text message exchanges about some corny jokes my dad threw this at me:

"Always keep your words soft and sweet just in case you have to eat them"

Well. Hm. I think that was a joke, or maybe a metaphor, but... it also holds a lot of truth to it.

Lately, I have been trying to work on my blunt-ness. If I am thinking something I am most likely just going to say it like it is. So- thanks dad. thanks for the reminder that one day I might end up eating my words. And when that happens I sure want them to be sweet (maybe like coffee ice cream sweet).




No comments:

Post a Comment