January 20, 2013

Sometimes you just got to listen


I am so very thankful for that opportunity in church today. The pastor spoke on Philippians 4:4-7; one of my favorite versus. If you know what that verse says and if you know me by any means you know why it is my favorite.

For those of you who don't: "Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." (Bible Gateway NIV)

I needed to hear a sermon on worrying and anxiousness. I have a lot of questions about my future going on in my head. School is going to start soon, and like always things and people are changing. Those things normally make me worry. I can't do anything about it; whatever is going to happen is going to happen regardless if I worry. But still I can find myself running harder, being a 'loner', and getting angry.

I am thankful for this reminder on the Sunday before the Spring semester. I know that it will bring me a lot of ups and downs, but I have a lot of goals; ones that range from being completely satisfied by the Lord to becoming better at socializing to finding an internship. I am thankful that the Lord laid it on the pastor's heart to preach about the peace that the Lord brings. I know that peace, sometimes I remember it when I am struggling, but often times I forgot that a sincere prayer can bring it upon me. 

Worrying can be a pain in the butt. Its something that I cannot wait to never have again while I am in heaven. But until then I hope that this year I can continue to find the peace that will guard my heart. 



         

No comments:

Post a Comment