September 12, 2012

A beautiful moment

Something beautiful happened to me on Monday night.

I found myself having a pretty awesome conversation with my friend. Without realizing it we ended up in the 'kitchen' in her room. I know that seems pretty normal, but the 'kitchen' area is about 1 foot by 4 feet of tile and a counter top and sink.

My analytic self came out after that conversation and realized that I found pure joy in being in a kitchen while having a thoughtful conversation. What was so beautiful is the unintentionally of our placement, and yet it points directly to who I want to be when I grow up. I want to find myself having thoughtful conversations with whomever is in my life (ie friends, family, husband, kids) while being able to demonstrate my love for them with simple things such as tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment