March 19, 2012

What to write

I feel as though I should blog about Spring Break. It is the middle of March, students flood to warm places (like Arizona), and get a well deserved break. Well, a couple of people have asked so I am going to answer for you all. No, I do not have a Spring Break. So I can't really blog about my break. On Wednesday, I am going on a culture experience to the Galapagos Islands. Even though I can't forget about my homework load, I plan on taking at least an hour to sit on the beach. That is if it is actually warm.

So... What should I blog about. I could blog about how moving back into the house has been. Its only been a couple days and not much has gone down- so that might be a boring post.

I could blog about how I ran a 10K on Sunday with a couple other girls in the apartment. And how we woke up before the sun to run through the middle of Quito while being engulfed with black fumes. I would probably mention my friends Lette and Abby who are training for a half marathon in April. I'd tell them they gave me motivation to run. But it'd probably be similar to the post about my half marathon last September.

I could blog about how I am getting antsy waiting for my iPod to send me a message that my sister had her baby. But, she hasn't had the little girl yet so I can't say much on that one expect for HURRY UP niece. I can't wait to see her precious face.

I could blog about how I get burnt even when it is cloudy. And how I thought it would be a good idea to wear a take top at the BBQ which ended up in a red back. Or how it has been raining all day and all night. I would mention my smart roommates comment on why it was a good thing we lived on a hill (that means no floods for us) but that would be a short post.

I could blog about how my other roommate has her sister here for her Spring Break. But that would just make homesick because I really want to see my family.

I could blog about how I want a really big breakfast and dinner from my mother. How I want some super good American food that doesn't get me sick. Or how I want a yummy dessert that doesn't consist of cheese. But that would just make me hungry and lead me into the kitchen for unwanted calories. (However,I just got those unwanted calories by the rough cookie dough I was given to by my roommate. We decided we needed a treat for all the homework we've done today).

So... maybe I should post about how I have actually been learning from my books. A lot of my books I have to read for homework focus on spiritual formation and missions. I could talk about how I have been learning a lot from God during this Lent season. I could mention that I have learned how important it is to bring daily worries and people I love to the Lord each day in prayer. I could reflect on how I am learning Christianity is not a religion with a rule book. Rather, it is a walk with a God who loves me and I am in turn to have a life that is full of love. However, I am really bad with words when it comes to describing what I am learning so that would probably leave you confused.

What then should I post about? I will have to think about it some more. But leave you with a verse that I read this morning. Psalm 31:24 "Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the Lord."

1 comment:

  1. I want you to know how very much I love reading your blog. I know you miss your family, but I think God is doing great things in your life - it will help you appreciate them even more when you get back ;o) (And all the great food your mom is going to fix for you!)

    ReplyDelete