August 2, 2011

Strawberry

Ok, so I am really behind on sharing my summer trips, so here comes a flood of pictures and random stories.

First off, Daniel and I took a day trip to Strawberry, Arizona and discovered Fossil Creek. I was so nice to get out of the extreme heat for one day, and it was nice to spend a whole day with my best friend/boyfriend.
He wasn't posing, we (or should I say he) were really looking at an map. My directions just weren't good enough. 

This is Fossil Creek, the picture does no justice. The creek is super long, it was a pretty good flow to it. The water is very cool and has rocks at the bottom. I had a great time trying to talk in the water. It was a balancing act for sure. 

We ate lunch by the creek. It was timely because after our two hour drive, and at least forty minute drive down a mountain we were hungry. 

As you can tell, I had a lot of fun. I love discovering new places. Especially little towns like Strawberry. Daniel bought butter and honey from a cute little place that made a types of butter and honey. We also stopped at a little home made into an ice cream parlor. It had home made ice cream. It was delicious! 

No comments:

Post a Comment