June 5, 2011

D.P.

I feel like it is appropriate to tell you about a young man who is a big part in my story. I have mentioned him a couple times. Daniel Paul Williams came into my life Sophomore year at Phoenix Christian. I was blinded by other things in my life to realize who he really was but he was patient enough to let me come around to my senses. We had math class together which allowed us to get to know each other. Then our summer before junior year we went to Panda Express for lunch; little did we know how much that lunch did for us.

High school was a lot of fun. I have to say that Brooke was a trooper because it was just the three of us at lunch during Junior year. And looking back I hope that she wasn't to annoyed with Daniel and I. Thankfully because of him I always had a date to the Proms, Homecomings and Sadies. Along with my mom (my dad was coaching) he'd be sitting in the bleachers for all my basketball games. He can handle my breakdowns and my hyperness; if you have ever lived with me you know the how extreme both of those moments are.
Daniel has encouraged me to develop my walk with the Lord without even knowing it. I'm so thankful that I have been able to find a man of God in this crazy world.

We have been dating for a little over 2.5 years now. The past year including a long distance relationship may have been the hardest year, but also the best year. You all know the corny phrase, "distance makes the heart grow fonder" well I have to agree with that. I know that if we did not follow our dreams to our own colleges I would not know Daniel like I do now. Daniel has become more than a boyfriend to me, he is my best friend. I know that God has blessed me with him. I don't know God's will for us, but I do know God has put him in my life for a reason.

I hope that some day you all can meet Daniel. Not going to lie (and he knows it to) he's a little awkward, but it makes me laugh. So if its awkward, its just normal for Daniel.

*D.P is a nickname Rochelle came up for him

1 comment:

  1. AWWWWWWWWW!!! This is supes adorbs! You need to write a song. You said so may lyrical things it would be a country hit in no time. I'm glad to see the nick name is sticking. I have a gnack for creating nick names don't you know it. Just ask Melanin or Chimmy. And how true is that statement about your hypernesss and breakdowns. Ooooooh weeeeee! When you are experiencing an emotion vvh you experience it with full force. I don't hate it though. That's what we call consistency, the main ingredient to campion casserole. And lastly, what a cute dress you're wearing in that picture. Must be new. Love it. I wish my boobs were smaller so we could share. I wish my boobs were smaller for a lot of reasons actually.... Feh, I'll take what I can get I guess.

    ReplyDelete