May 9, 2011

Mother's Day

Today is the first Mother's Day I have not been home for. I have to say it is sad not being with the women who raised me on a day that is marked just for her. It was sad not making her breakfast or doing something special for her.

 I thought about it and I have become so much more appreciative of my mother since I got to college. My mom is a women filled with so much love. She is willing to do anything for anyone at any time. She cares for her children no other. I know that I can talk to her about anything, and I have become so thankful for the encouragement of a walk with the Lord both my mom and dad have given me. I can just look at their lives and see how to become more like Christ. I love making my mother laugh. When I was at home I used to follow her around the house looking for something to do. She, of course, would have multiple chores I could finish. I was always on the back of her heals. She would get a kick out of it when she would stop walking and I would run into her.

College has made me realize how much I am like my mom. The way that I like to have a clean 'house' (dorm) and how I stop and pick up things off the floor. My mom always has a clean house and I know that I have learned that from her. I also realize that I miss telling my mom what I am going to do during the day. We would go over the upcoming day during breakfast my senior year. When I got to college I would tell Abby and Rochelle, in great detail, about my day. I also love that I can continue eating cereal like I do with my mom at home.

Late night cereal snacks while watching TV is one of my favorite times with my mom. I always hope that it will end in a back rub. I eat cereal here, probably later then home, but there is no TV to watch, and no one to give me a back rub. But I do think about my mom and I eating Raisin Bran Crunch (I have some new cereals to try out mom!) and I am so thankful for that.

I am very thankful for my mom. I can't wait for the summer to do errands and dishes with her. I think the small moments have made the biggest impression on me. I have told her once but I hope that someday I can be half the mom she is. I am so thankful that I have a mother to look up to.

Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful Mothers out there. We can't do it without you.

No comments:

Post a Comment