April 29, 2011

It is the small things that happen during the day that I really enjoy. After dinner I put to use my 11 years of piano lessons with my two friends Rochelle and Sarah. We attempted to go to culture fair but saw that is was lecturing and decided against it. So we walked around the chapel and found the practice rooms with pianos in them. Sarah found a Hymn book and the they sang while I played the piano. It was fun to just play the piano again. I never thought I would say that but I enjoyed the piano for once. It was also fun to hear my friends singing hymns. Hymns are such a breath of fresh air for me. I am glad that I get to sing them in chapels and sometimes in Outcry. But even in Outcry they are put to a faster tempo and sung differently. I appreciate the traditional hymns a lot more now that I am at Trinity. I am so thankful for the time I had to sing and play with Sarah and Rochelle.

The second thing I enjoyed today was again singing. Outcry was really good tonight. I decided though that even if I did not think Outcry was good there is someone on campus that thought it was the best one ever. But tonight I actually focused on the words that were sung. I forget the name of the song but we just sang something like "oh-ah-oh" over and over and all I could think about is how some day everything in the world will be singing those words to worship God. All at once! Just hearing Trinity singing was so cool, but the birds and the rocks, I can't wait. I am thankful for all the people who put on Outcry every week.

Even though I did not get the best set of vocal cords I am so happy that I have the ability to worship my Lord in that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment