August 11, 2014

Parker

After the wonderful honeymoon, my man and I moved to Parker, CO. We are talking about 48 hours later. With some help from family we got the Penske truck loaded up and headed off on our way. Never in my life have I seen a more tearful 4 am hour. It didn't really hit me that we were actually moving away when we were about 5 miles from home. After the byes, tears, and hugs were exchanged between my folks and I. For some reason this goodbye was worse than college. However, the past goodbye experiences made it just a tad bit easier. So there's the sad stuff.

Now to the happy stuff.

Unit 204 will be our home for a year. We were so blessed through wedding gifts to be able to furnish our home. It just wouldn't be a moving experience to Ikea. After unpacking boxes for two days we made the trip to the biggest and overwhelming store there is. I'll be honest, I had my doubts about finding a couch there. Assembling a couch wasn't on the top of my "let's do it!" but, my husband assured me it was a good idea and sure enough at midnight we sat on our new couch, gazing at our perfectly assembled coffee table and TV stand. I am so happy to have furniture of our own. I understand saving money is important. But, there is something about getting new furniture and putting your own germs on them, instead of using an old one. Call me picky, but that's the reality of it, and the reality of my pickiness.

Parker is a wonderful community. It has the small town feeling I've always wanted, the people are friendly, and it's in a pretty prime spot. Close enough to the freeway to get to bigger cities, but far enough way where empty roads and rolling hills can be found. I'm thankful for the place the good Lord has put us. Every Sunday's there is a farmer's market down main street. After checking it out yesterday, I was quite impressed by the amount of vendors the Town of Parker had involved. Plus, these people were not afraid to hand out the samples! Free appetizers. Yes please!

No comments:

Post a Comment