June 16, 2014

Monday Motivation: Fear.

"May The Lord bless you from Zion all the days of your life; may you see the prosperity of Jerusalem, and may you live to see your children's children".

Psalm 128:5-6

Today's Monday Motivation comes from an old devotional handed down to me from my mom. "Faith Checkbook" by Charles H. Spurgeon, June 15 says

(Referring to verse above). 
This is a promise to the God-fearing man who walks in the ways of holiness with earnest heed. He shall have domestic blessedness; his wife and children shall be a source of great home happiness... When The Lord builds it is but fitting that we should desire to see the Lord's house builded. Our goods are not truly good unless we promote by them the good of the Lord's chosen church. 

I'm challenged by this devotional in two ways. A. Being a God-fearing women. B. How will I create a home where my husband is happy because of the Lord has blessed my domestic doings but still promoting the goods as The Lords? 

As we go into this week, I encourage you to think about how and what you do demonstrates you fear The Lord. I encourage you to think how the house you builds asks and needs the blessedness from The Lord.

 Sometimes I got lost in the meaning of fearing in The Lord. Fear, the word has so many negative connotations associated with it. But, this devotional brings to light the blessing related to the word when we fear our loving Lord. 

No comments:

Post a Comment