November 28, 2013

Big Announcement Here!

Here I am, sitting on the couch, smelling my pumpkin  pie (hoping it doesn't burn) and watching the Thanksgiving Parade. I can't help but write a post on Thanksgiving, it only seems fitting as a blogger.

This year is a little different than my past 20 years. This morning I woke up trying to figure out what day it is and what I needed to do, and why I was waking up so late! (8am is late for me- but for the record I tried sleeping even later until I got a wonderful phone call from my sister. As much as I loved talking to her- my response was.... "Why are you calling me so early". Not going to lie, the only reason why I answered it was because I thought someone died or got hurt). Normally, I'd be waking up in my full size bed, at home, and to a bustling mom in the kitchen. But, this year, it was my turn to be the bustling female in the kitchen. I woke up to an empty house which saddens my heart, but I think it's giving me real time to reflect on what I am thankful for.

I haven't announced it to my bloggers, but if you follow me on Twitter, you already know this news. But, this year, I am thankful for being offered a full-time job with Turning Point USA. Turning Point USA is a free market capitalist organization educating the youth about fiscal responsibility. I will be in charge of the columnists. Organizing and creating a system to gain more writers will be my responsibility.

You might be wondering where does event planning come in? Well, I'm not sure. And I don't think it does right away. But I have been praying for a position where I am needed. Where the Lord wants me. I applied for an internship and didn't feel confident about it, even after getting a second interview. I think the position would've been a great fit, but something was pulling me away from it. So, for now, I do not know why I am needed at Turning Point USA. (Other than filling a job position). But, check back in a few months and maybe I can answer that.

I am a few weeks away from graduation. Crazy. I don't know how that happened. But, I do know who I need to thank for getting me through the past four years.


This good-looking crew. These 9 people have seen me through my best, my worst, and everything in between. They have seen me succeed, fail, fail some more, and celebrate with me when I got it right. They have prayed for me, visited me, laughed with me, cried with me, and probably rolled their eyes at me. I literally couldn't have asked for better family support. I could not have done this college thing without them. 

I also want to thank a few friends. These people became my second family. I miss (and will miss) living with these girls, but am so thankful for the time I was with them.  They have shown me new ways of doing things and how to live life to the fullest. 
Yup, I'm about to be the cliche girlfriend. But, I don't care. I enjoy the corny stuff. I can't be more thankful to the Lord for sending this guy into me life. I am thankful that he waited for me while the Lord prepared my heart. I am thankful that he puts up with my ridiculousness. He makes me a better person and no matter what happens in the next 100 years I will always thank him for that. (seriously, guys- look at the smile!- even my dad complimented him on it!). 

Happy Thanksgiving Arizona family. I miss you but can't wait to see you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment