June 9, 2013

Greener grass

"The grass is always greener on the other side."

During school I wanted it to be summer. I wanted more time. I wanted an apartment, my own food, and an internship. I can't say I want all the things I had during school- but I do want my man back.

So, where is the balance? When is it ok to wish for something great, but being where you wanted to be just a few months ago. 

I have been finding myself in the weird balance of wanting June to be done but wanting to live in every moment I can. Some days I'm doing ok with having my friend and boy gone. I was able to keep myself occupied today just enough that I wasn't home sick or missing Aaron that I could have a happy heart.  Some days, though, I just suck at being ok. Last night I just had to let it all go. My mom said it was alright to let it out, that way you can start over fresh. I really believe that. I don't think I would have been able to enjoy today if I didn't let some tears out and wrap myself up in a Colts blanket on the couch, while watching a movie, alone. 

So, is the grass greener on the other side? Or is it easier to just think that until you start living on the other side of the fence. What to do when all the brown spots show up? Not sure I really have an answer for that. I do know that watering that sucker with the Word is the right answer. Why I don't do that when having a bad day I can't explain. But, I need to remember to take care of this side of the fence, I need to love June for all that it is.July will come soon enough (right? It has to doesnt it?). 

No comments:

Post a Comment