January 2, 2013

Proof

 It does snow it Arizona. In fact, I'm pretty sure I was in more snow than I have been in in Chicago.

After spending Christmas at home my family headed up to the Van Hofwegen cabin in Flagstaff, Arizona. I have the most awesome-st mother who decided she would ski with me while I snowboarded. We  have not gone in a couple years so hitting the slopes kinda made me nervous. After standing in line for 1.5 hours to get  our equipment my mom and I bundled up and cautiously made it down the hill.  We even caught enough courage to go on the harder blue diamond slope. It was low visibility and at that point I was wishing I could be done with it all but we somehow made it down. I am not pro snowboarder but it is fun to watch all the legit people out there and to stay out of their way! I am so thankful that I have a mom who jumps into my crazy ideas with me.




We spent the rest of Christmas weekend doing nothing and eating in the cabin. I made my very first large snowman and attempted to finish a 1,000 piece puzzle.


2012 has been crazy. I have learned a lot about myself while working through a breakup and moving in with 16 different roommates, the world while living in Ecuador, and the Lord while he taught (and still is) me peace, patience, and trust. I was in a whole different position last year at this time and am so thankful of where God has put me now. I am excited for what he has in store for me in 2013. Can I say GRADUATION!! but until then I plan on soaking up college life, friends, and family. And maybe jumping on Sarah's resolution to just BE ( read her newest post at http://allaboutcteve.blogspot.com/ ).

No comments:

Post a Comment