April 26, 2012

Here we go again

My bag is packed (notice I said bag singular, not time to come home yet). But I am ready for the jungle. Except, am I mentally ready?

I am honestly not sure. It is two weeks exactly today that I will be coming home. Tomorrow we leave for Mishuashi. We will be doing something similar to our last trip. As a reminder, we did half work days for a school/house and half VBS. This trip includes an all day work day on Saturday and a 3 hour hike on Sunday. I am not sure why this program loves hiking so much. I don't think I am going to change my mind about hiking those Arizona mountains any time soon. The plan is to hike into a jungle community and meet indigenous people. Who (if I remember correctly) are somehow related to the Aucas (if you have spare time read Through the Gates of Splendor by Elizabeth Elliot for a great true story about 5 missionaries who wanted to spread the Gospel to the Aucas).

We will be coming back Wednesday May 2nd. But before that we will be going to some sort of hot springs. Not sure what that all means, but I got my bathing suit. So I think I will be set.

I ask that you pray for our group as we go out on our last short term missions trip together. I feel like a lot of us are getting anxious about going home. I am super anxious about it even though it will be bitter sweet. I ask for prayer that we will be able to have servants hearts as we know how much hard work, bugs, bad weather, and uncomfortable settings we will be facing. I also ask that you pray for me. I just need a little more of God's strength this week as I am going into it very nervous.

I can't wait to share some stories with you all when I get back. Maybe I will be able to post while I am the jungle but that is doubtful. Hang in there Trinity friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment