February 4, 2012

The market

In Ecuador, going to the market, means getting good bargains, hand made trinkets, and a 2 hour bus ride. Ok well we decided to go to the huge market so the 2 hour drive could have been avoided.. We drove through the mountains, a town that sells a lot of leather things, and a town that has a lot of wooden carvings. Overall, it was a good culture experience. I learned I need to get better at bargaining.

Tonight, I was able to go for a run, then make dinner on my own (having alone time is precious time here). I was also able to reflect on my time here. I got reminded that maybe I am here because I need to constantly remember God's love. I sometimes have a hard time loving people, and I think that falls into place when I don't remember God's awesome love for me. Living in an apartment with 11 girls makes you be stretched in more ways then most people would think. I am being challenged everyday to love in a way that is pleasing to God. I haven't decided why God has placed me in Ecuador, but I have a pretty good idea that I will learn a lot from just my living situation. It amazes me I have only been here for 2 weeks. It feel a lot longer then that. Which may not be a good thing. Classes are going to be starting up even more this next week. I have a bunch of reading to do. But something about living in a apartment makes me not want to do homework. I need a library.

My two favorite things of the day. A lake. Which gave me a wave of homesickness and  the desire to wake board.
The pie- not as good as my mom's, but still satisfied my sweet tooth. This gave me a full belly, and comfort.


No comments:

Post a Comment