November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving has come and gone...

Let me start by saying this may have been of the best breaks at home I have been blessed with. Other then not being able to see my parents on Saturday, I was able to visit and relax with my parents a lot. I spent all Thanksgiving day with them. I baked a lot with my mom which was so much fun. Pumpkin pie, pumpkin muffins, and cookies were our fruits of labor (not really fruit but you get the point). My father and I watched Tv and took naps; he was in his chair, I was on the couch like old days. I tried to get him to watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade but football won over that. We had our fest at night. Kay and Chip joined us for dinner, then Jason and Melissa came for dessert and a movie. Watching a movie after dinner has always been our tradition. We would stay up to 12 to watch movies when I was little. Now that my siblings have little kids we only get one movie in. This year it was Larry Crowne. It was alright. Like always I ate to much, but justified it as being ok because it was Thanksgiving. I am glad I found a pair of running shoes in my closet when I got home. They were put to use Friday morning.

I was suppose to get shots for Ecuador Friday, but that did not happen. Which I am ok with because who wants to get shots, but it does mean I still have to get them. My mom and I put up the Christmas tree and our decorations. The house looks good. I wanted to put up Christmas lights but did not get to them. Friday night I was finally able to be on a date with my Daniel. I have been wanting to go on a date with him for over a month so I was very excited. Even though it did not feel like Christmas outside we went to Glendale Glitters (where we became boyfriend and girlfriend) and we made cookies at home. I think one of my favorite moments of the weekend was baking with him while playing Christmas music. No TV on, no phones, just the sounds of Frank Sinatra and the mixing beaters were around us. I am extremely thankful for the conversations Daniel and I were able to have face-to-face this past weekend. I appreciate the technology I have that makes me able to talk to him from a distance, but nothing replaces conversations that are held in person.

I experienced a new adventure on Saturday. I went 'shooting' with Daniel's family. Shooting means going into the desert and shoot guns at targets. I have never done this before. I've shoot Thys' gone once or twice before but nothing like what Daniel's family did. It was fun, I felt pretty cool, even though I was really bad at hitting the targets. Daniel and I made pizza for dinner, then went to Angel's Sweet 16 birthday party. I can't believe Angel is 16. We went rollerblading. For anyone who doesn't know this, rollerblading is a very in thing right now... ok at least at this place it still is. There were a lot of people there and it smelt funny. But I had a lot of fun with Angel.

Sunday was church, a bridal shower, and goodbyes. My flight got in really late last night. Somehow I managed to get back to school and get in my bed without crying. Impressive I know! Today has gone a lot better then I thought it was going to. I think knowing I will be visiting Daniel at his school this weekend helps me a lot. Also I keep reminding myself that its only 3 weeks until I am done with this semester. I have to enjoy all the time I have here. Its really quiet in my dorm right now though. Abby is studying somewhere for biology and chemistry tests and Rochelle is somewhere. I was getting kind of lonely earlier which is why I decided to blog instead of doing homework.

From this past weekend I realized I am thankful for:

  • Airplane flights going to Arizona more than once a day
  • My parents and their ability to love me no matter if I mess up
  • Daniel and I's conversations and time together. 
  • My house and how it makes me feel at ease
  • The love shared in my family between parents, siblings, and nieces and nephews

No comments:

Post a Comment