August 17, 2011

Yachats

A couple weeks ago I had the pleasure of going to Yachats, Oregon- a small town on the coast. I went with Daniel and his family, we stayed at a beach house, and did all the beachy things most people do while at the beach. Well that is expect for actually swimming in the water. It was freezing cold water.

We spent a morning making a huge sand castle. I was well informed from Tim (Daniel's brother) how to make the wall, which was my job, and Daniel gave me a lesson about the Keep that was made in the middle of the castle. Turns out this sand castle had a lot was inspired by real castles. 

This is part of the rocky beach we were right by. Multiple times we climbed around on them. This was a very familiar shot with Daniel, he's always ready to get a good photo. 

AWE!

We took a hike to a light house (see below) and the trail had a view of the ocean and green trees and flowers the whole way.
This is the only working light house on the Oregon coast. 

Some of the Williams family- ( from left to right) Daniel, Hannah, Tim, and Mrs. Williams. 

The last night in Yachats, Daniel took me out on a date. We went to a local dinner spot, and a huge candy store. I think Daniel went a little crazy!
We also went crab fishing on afternoon. We were on a 14 foot dingy, and had three pots. We ended up catching our dinner, which took me a couple seconds to digest (no pun intended), but the crap were pretty good. Tim made reference to "The Deadliest Catch," a TV show on TLC, the whole time. Its interesting because I watch the show and for a eleven year old he gets his facts right.

I was so thankful for the opportunity to go to the beach with the Williams. It was fun to see more of Daniel's extended family. I was also really happy to get out of the heat, and see so more of God's beautiful creation. I had no idea Oregon was so pretty. I loved the wildflowers there.

No comments:

Post a Comment