February 18, 2012

Ninos

Lately, I have been able to spend time with kids. Something that I very much enjoy and miss.

Today, I got a chance to help with an organization called Pan de Vida today. From what I understand they help with families living on the street. Twice a week they feed families and then once every month they have a bible study. My host family took me there today to help out. Even though I did not do much, I was able to observe the children. And as you know, this past week I worked with kids during the VBS. I am thankful for the time that I have been able to be around children. Just something about them fills my heart with happiness.

From my observations, the children in the jungle and at Pan de Vida are filled with so much love. Even though they have never met me they are not afraid to give me a hug, or to play with me. I know that all kids are different, but I am going to risk it and say that I feel like children in the United States take a lot more work to make happy.

After our VBS was over we passed out bread and juice to the kids. I was standing in front of the following scene. My R.A. was passing out the bread, while trying hard to not let the little hands get in the bread basket more then once. She went back and forth making sure each child, even the one sleeping in his mothers arms got some bread. These kids were so happy with some sweet bread and some juice. They did not need anything else. They were even willing to share there small bread with their friends. Then today, while at Pan de Vida, I observed how toilet paper was a blessing. I do not know why but the children were always going into the bathroom and playing with the soap. Then, my host mom, got a roll of toilet paper out. The kids were ask for some and they seemed to be so happy. Even a mom was extremely happy with 10 squares of the white stuff. I can't put my finger on it, but to them that common material found in our bathrooms that we so often over look brought smiles to their faces.

I am not sure what to make of all of this. Maybe God is showing me to enjoy the little things in life? I know I should count my blessings more then I do. So how do I become a person that can be filled with so much joy when they are handed a piece of "bread"?

I read this today-
John 10:10b
"I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full."

I want to become a person that can live each moment to its fullest. God gave me this life through his Son. I do not want to waste something so precious.

No comments:

Post a Comment