December 2, 2011

When I Grow Up

During Sunday lunch last week my dad asked what I wanted to do when I grew up. I said "I want to be a mom." I think that I have the strongest pull to be a mom because I am blessed by one great mom, but also because I see my sisters teaching and taking care of their little ones. I know that I have to get some sort of degree during my college years. My MRS won't pay for my children's education, so I have spent the last 3 semesters trying to figure out what to do with my life. Right now my major is communication arts. I plan on getting a minor on psychology as well. My academic advisor has convinced me that having a psych minor will be good to understand people. What do I want to do with that? I want to be an event planner. I also want to work with kids. I also love sports. So how do I include that all in one job? I guess my dream job in the corporate world would be an event planner for childrens sports events. I could live without the sport thing but not without working with kids.

Every day after my Tuesday and Thursday classes I ponder how learning about press releases, fact sheets (comm 325),and how being an engaged citizen, and the history of Tv (comm 245) will help me be an event planner. I don't want to be stuck writing all my life- blogging is different- and I don't care about mass media. So for now I will take my semester exams in Speech, Intro to Pysch, History of Mass Media, Philo Perspectives II, and Public Relations (done with Intro to Marketing!). Then I'll fly to Ecuador, keep praying, and Lord willing God will provide me with a husband and children to give my love to.

No comments:

Post a Comment